200 S. Biscayne Blvd. Suite 3600, Miami, FL 33131
Roger Bernstein is a partner in the Miami office of Arnstein & Lehr LLP and Chair of the firm’s Immigration Practice Group. He is a Florida Board Certified immigration attorney with over 20 years of practice devoted exclusively to immigration and nationality law. He is the principal and managing member of EB5 for Florida, LLC, a federally designated EB5 Regional Center, and is a recognized expert in EB-5 Investor related issues. He focuses his practice on advising high net worth individuals, developers, and regional centers in navigating the complexity of the EB-5 program.
Mr. Bernstein spent six years with the U.S. Department of Justice serving as an INS trial attorney, sector counsel to the INS’ Inspections and Investigations Divisions and INS Asylum Officer. Prior to joining the firm, he co-founded Bernstein Osberg-Braun, LLC in 1998 and has since focused his practice on assisting immigrant investors, acquiring employment based visas, and complex immigration litigation.
Mr. Bernstein has represented and counseled foreign governments, Fortune 500 companies, and large- and mid-sized privately held companies, family foundations, and home offices. He has also successfully acquired non-immigrant visas and residency for hundreds of individuals who desired to live and work in the United States.
A graduate of Brown University and the University of Miami School of Law, Roger Bernstein recently served as Chair of the Miami–Dade County Enterprise Zone Advisory Council. He also previously served as Chair of the Florida Bar Immigration Certification Committee, the Board of the American Jewish Committee, the Great Florida Bank Advisory Board, and AILA South Florida Chapter. He is admitted to practice law in Florida, the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, and the Supreme Court of the United States. He speaks conversationally in Spanish and Japanese.
- Represented and acquired visas for professionals, publicly traded Internet and high technology firms, and diverse companies representing the health care, construction, hospitality, motion picture, aviation, fashion, sports, and entertainment industries, among others.
- Represented and counseled regional centers in various offerings valued in excess of $500 million in EB5 capital.
- Represented large- and mid-sized corporations on visa selection strategies and compliance issues.
- Lectured widely throughout the world on acquisition of visas, EB-5/investor visas, and visa selection strategies.
- Authored various articles on EB5 related issues in National Press.
- Represented individuals at U.S. consulates in Asia, the Middle East, Europe, and throughout the Americas.
- Due to his zealous advocacy on behalf of Elian Gonzalez, Mr. Bernstein has appeared on national television news programs, including Larry King Live, The Today Show, Good Morning America, Burden of Proof, CNN International, and many others.
Honors & Awards
- Certified by Florida Bar as an immigration expert in immigration and nationality law (2006-2016)
- United States Despartment of Justice, Superior Accomplishment Award and Outstanding Performance
- South Florida Legal Guide, Top Lawyers (2010-2016)
- Featured for EB5 advocacy in REAL Deal, Forbes, Daily Business Review, and others
- Florida Bar’s Pro Bono Law Student of the Year Award
- James Mofsky Memorial Book Award
- Miami-Dade County Enterprise Zone Advisory Council, Chair
- Florida Bar Immigration and Naturalization Certification Committee, Chair
- American Immigration Lawyer’s Association (AILA), South Florida Chapter Board of Directors
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), Border and National Security Committee
- Florida Bar’s Eleventh Circuit, Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee
- Regularly featured speaker at Miami Board of Realtors International Summit
- American Jewish Committee, Board of Directors
- Great Florida Bank, member of the Board of Advisors
- IIUSA Membership
- Aventura Marketing Council
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce
- Beacon Council
- North Dade Bar Association
Brown University (B.A., 1989)
University of Miami School of Law (J.D., 1992)
Georgetown University Law Centre (summer 1991)
Sophia University, Tokyo, Japan (1987)
Federal District Court
Supreme Court of the United States
U.S. Court of Appeals for 11th Circuit