Julian Montero is a partner in the Miami office of Arnstein & Lehr LLP and a member of the firm’s Corporate Transactions & Counseling Practice Group and Immigration Practice Group. Prior to joining Arnstein & Lehr, Mr. Montero was a founding partner of Montero Wolkov LLP. He began his career at major international law firms, including White & Case and Greenberg Traurig.
With over 20 years of experience, Mr. Montero skillfully represents clients with their general business and transactional matters, including corporate structuring, business planning, mergers and acquisitions, cross-border transactions, finance matters and he regularly advises foreign investors on strategies for successfully acquiring or establishing businesses in the United States. Mr. Montero has substantial experience with business immigration matters and works closely with the firm’s EB-5 practice team, representing both U.S. clients seeking to raise capital and foreign investors.
Mr. Montero frequently counsels the Chilean Foreign Ministry and Chilean Consulate General in Miami with a variety of U.S. related legal matters.
Raised in Chile, Mr. Montero is fluent in Spanish.
Mr. Montero is currently serving a third term as a director and member of the Executive Committee of the Chile-U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
Publications and Speaking Engagements
Mr. Montero has lectured at international business conferences on various topics, which include U.S. business, immigration and franchise laws.
- “Look to the Future: EB-5 as a mainstream investment ,” NES Financial EB-5 Innovation Summit, Miami, Florida (February 19, 2016)
- A Guide to EB-5 Financing seminar, panelist, Chicago, Illinois (June 2015)
- Invertir USA Expo in Bogotá, Colombia, presenter on EB-5 and U.S. immigration matters (May 2015)
- “Corporate and Immigration Considerations of Doing Business in the U.S.” presentation at The Expansion of Chilean Middle Market Companies to the U.S. conference in Santiago, Chile (April 2015)
- NES Financial Adds Loan Administration Solution to Its Intelligent EB-5 Product Line press release (April 2015)
- EB-5 Securities Webinar presented by EB-5 Diligence regarding “EB-5 Offering Disclosures” (March 2015)
Boston University School of Law, Boston, MA (Master of Arts and Letters in Taxation, LL.M., 1995)
University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, Sacramento, CA (J.D., 1994)
University of Wisconsin – Madison, WI (B.A., 1990)
State of Florida
Bar of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit