200 S. Biscayne Blvd. Suite 3600, Miami, FL 33131
Jay M. Rosen is a partner in the Miami office of Arnstein & Lehr LLP. He is a member of the firm’s Corporate Transactions & Counseling and Securities Practice Groups.
Mr. Rosen focuses his practice in general corporate and securities law. He has represented both public and private companies in connection with mergers and acquisitions, public and private offerings of securities and SEC disclosure, as well as corporate governance, debt and equity financing and general corporate matters. Mr. Rosen’s practice also includes specializing in private offerings under the EB-5 immigrant investor visa program. He serves as lead attorney on numerous projects from inception to closing, including contract negotiation and preparation.
Mr. Rosen’s practice includes serving in the role as outside general counsel to various corporate clients, coordinating all legal issues related to their day-to-day business operations. In addition, he has represented various clients with respect to mergers and acquisitions transactions, including drafting and negotiating complex stock and asset purchase agreements, operating agreements, letters of intent, due diligence documentation, non-competes, confidentiality, and non-disclosure agreements and related financing documentation.
Speaking Engagements & Publications
- “Marketing EB-5 Projects in China,” moderator, Arnstein & Lehr Annual Advanced EB-5 Seminar (May 20, 2016)
- “EB-5 Fundamentals,” panelist, Arnstein & Lehr Annual Advanced EB-5 Seminar (May 20, 2016)
- “What Are The Potential Impacts of Requiring Precise Disclosure of Agent Fees?” EB-5 Diligence Webinar (March 9, 2016)
- “On the SEC’s radar: Securities compliance in EB-5,” NES Financial EB-5 Innovation Summit, Miami, Florida (February 19, 2016)
- “What We Learn From SEC Investigation,” IIUSA Regional Center Business Journal, Vol. 3, Issue #4 (January 2016)
- “Representing EB-5 Investors,” AILA South Florida, Miami, Florida (October 21, 2015)
- “Securities Law & Compliance,” 2015 EB-5 Investors Summit: Representing EB-5 Investors & Regional Centers in a Time of Change, Las Vegas, Nevada (August 27–28, 2015)
- “EB-5 Direct Program Case Study,” Understanding EB-5 – A U.S. Investor Based Immigration Program, Miami, Florida (August 5, 2015)
- “EB-5 Fundamentals: Lessons from Projects with Successful EB-5 Capital Raises,” A Guide to EB-5 Real Estate Considerations, Practical Steps to Follow, and Effective Marketing Tools, Chicago, Illinois (June 5, 2015)
- “Yes, Virginia, an EB-5 Investment Is a Security” and “Structuring EB-5 Deals,” Pincus Professional Education EB-5 Conference, Lake Buena Vista, Florida (March 5-6, 2015)
- Board of Directors, Carrfour Supportive Housing, Inc.
- Committee Member, The Shul of Downtown
Boston University School of Law (LL.M. in Taxation, 2003)
University of Miami School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2002)
The George Washington University (B.A., 1999)
State of Florida